Travel News You Can Use
All-Inclusive Resorts by Brand:
Palace resorts are alluring, beachfront retreats located along Mexico's Riviera Maya, in or near the coastal towns of Cancun, Playa del Carmen and Cozumel. In Cancun, Le Blanc Spa Resort is kids-free while Sun Palace and Isla Mujeres Palace are specifically geared toward couples.
Iberostar offers numerous options in the Dominican Republic and Mexico, plus three resorts in Jamaica. They provide relaxing atmospheres in well-preserved natural settings, with spacious pools, lush gardens and sandy beaches. In some locations, several Iberostar hotels are in one complex, and guests have exchange privileges at neighboring properties.
Hard Rock Hotels brings its unique brand of entertainment and hospitality to its all-inclusive resorts in Mexico, Panama and the Dominican Republic. Among the included features is "The Sound of Your Stay," which provides musical amenities like in-room DJ equipment, the loan of a Fender guitar and free downloadable playlists. They welcome guests of all ages, but the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya has a kids-free section called Heaven, with separate pools and beach.
Hyatt recently entered the all-inclusive market with two new, distinct brands: Hyatt Ziva, for vacationers of all ages, and Hyatt Zilara, which provides kids-free environments. Three new Hyatt all-inclusives are scheduled to open in Jamaica and Mexico this November and December.
Palladium was founded more than 40 years ago. Its brands include the Grand Palladium properties in the Caribbean and Mexico, with pools, spa treatments, age-appropriate kids' activities and restaurants from Spanish to Brazilian to Italian. The Royal Suites by Palladium are kids-free retreats with an intimate ambience and personalized butler service complemented by full access to the services, dining venues, bars and activities of the adjacent Grand Palladium resorts.
Occidental is comprised of three distinct brands: Allegro, Grand and Royal Hideaway. Allegro Resorts in Costa Rica and Mexico are moderately priced, with upbeat moods and a broad array of daytime activities followed by lively nighttime entertainment. Occidental Grand Resorts in Aruba, Costa Rica, the Dominican Republic and Mexico are a notch above. Dining options are more upscale and varied, and some accommodations feature the additional perks of the Royal Club, such as private check-in and an exclusive restaurant and lounge. Occidental also operates the Royal Hideaway Playacar in Mexico's Riviera Maya; it has six restaurants, a dinner theater, spa, six pools and a kids-free atmosphere.
Riu has dozens of all-inclusive options, mostly in the Dominican Republic, Jamaica and Mexico, plus two options each in Costa Rica and Aruba and one property each in the Bahamas, Panama and St. Martin. Often three or four Riu properties are located in one large complex, where guests enjoy exchange privileges at the sister resorts.
Karisma has all-inclusive resorts along Mexico's Riviera Maya and in Negril, Jamaica. It includes four kids-free El Dorado resorts and four family-friendly Azul properties. Azul Fives is a nice option for large family groups, with one-, two- and three-bedroom suites with fully equipped kitchens. The Generations Resorts feature all-suite accommodations (including two- and three-bedroom options) and butler service.
Three of our Excellence properties in Mexico and the Dominican Republic offer an elegant, kids-free atmosphere. Each has a multitude of restaurants, bars and lounges, plus 24-hour room service. In March 2015, the company will open its newest resort in the Cancun area, Finest Playa Mujeres, which will have the same upscale experience as other Excellence properties but will be geared to guests of all ages: families with young kids, couples, multigenerational groups and friends traveling together. Excellence also offers The Beloved Hotel Playa Mujeres, a 109-room, family-friendly option north of Cancun.
The Sandos hotels in Mexico provide guests with an array of diversions, from water sports and tennis to a daily activities program and live entertainment at night. Its Sandos Caracol Eco Experience Resort in Playa del Carmen emphasizes Mayan culture and the natural surroundings of mangroves and jungle (you might spot a macaw or spider monkey).
Oasis Resorts in Cancun and Tulum offer value-packed vacations. Most Oasis properties are great for families, while one is kids-free. Each hotel offers multiple restaurants, bars and activities.
The all-inclusive properties of Melia Hotels International are found in the Bahamas, Dominican Republic and Mexico. The company operates three brands, and all properties are rated 4 to 5 stars. The Paradisus hotels feature all-suite accommodations and include Royal Service rooms with butler service and additional amenities. Melia resorts offer a well-rounded tropical escape with a variety of restaurants, bars, water sports, pools and kids' programs. Meanwhile, ME Cancun is a stylish, contemporary spot offering exciting nightlife and a sophisticated ambience.
Club Med is a pioneer in the all-inclusive resort industry. Of the 11 Club Med properties we represent, one -- Club Med Turkoise in the Turks and Caicos -- offers a kids-free setting. Club Med also has the only all-inclusive resort in the U.S., Club Med Sandpiper Bay in Port St. Lucie, FL.
Barcelo has all-inclusive resorts in Costa Rica, the Dominican Republic and Mexico. One is kids-free -- Barcelo Bavaro Beach in Punta Cana at the eastern tip of the Dominican Republic.
Dreams resorts are family-friendly getaways in the Dominican Republic, Costa Rica, Mexico and St. Thomas in the U.S. Virgin Islands. The Explorer's Club for young guests ages 3 to 12 has weekly beach campouts and sand castle competitions, and the Dominican Republic properties have Core Zone Teens Clubs.
Secrets provides upscale, kids-free experiences in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic; Montego Bay, Jamaica; and on both coasts of Mexico. They offer elegant decor, multiple restaurants and lounges and 24-hour room service.
If you're seeking an intimate, couples-only atmosphere, check out the Sandals resorts in Antigua, the Bahamas, Barbados, Grenada, Jamaica and St. Lucia, or the four Couples resorts, all in Jamaica.
Finally, families might consider a vacation at Beaches in Jamaica or Turks and Caicos, where younger guests can participate in supervised, age-appropriate programs at the Kids Camp -- like Sesame Street-themed activities and treasure hunts for little ones, or glass-bottom boat rides and beach volleyball for tweens. Teens can try out the Xbox Play Lounge or Scratch DJ Academy.
Travel to Mexico
Every customer is looking for a unique vacation experience. Every Mexico destination offers a different experience for different clientele. Hopefully in facts below will make you understand the difference for each destination.
• Cozumel offers something for everyone
• Fantastic white-sand beaches, world’s best scuba diving, nightlife and jungle adventures
• Home to the world’s 2nd largest coral reef in the world with incredible water clarity
• You can easily get to Playa del Carmen on the mainland via a short ferry ride
• Visit the Chankanaab Beach Club for swimming with the dolphins, snorkeling and more
• Visit charming San Miguel with a laid-back environment that also has fun bars and restaurants
• Enjoy several options for jungle adventures with jeep tours and horseback riding
• Mexico’s most popular tourist destination
• One of the world’s finest resort areas
• Breathtaking white-sand beaches and turquoise waters
• Incredible nightlife with world-famous clubs and bars such as Coco Bongo
• Tons of shopping ranging from world-famous designers to local crafts
• Enjoy cultural activities available such as bullfighting
• Just a short ride from the Mayan ruins – one of the seven wonders of the world
• Variety of activities available including swimming with the dolphins, dinner cruises and more
• Stunning rugged desert landscape with sapphire waters and beautiful mountains
• Twin towns of Cabo San Lucas and San Jose del Cabo both offer a uniquely Mexican experience
• Cabo San Lucas is renowned for its bustling nightlife restaurant scene
• Wander through charming and relaxed San Jose del Cabo for shopping, art galleries and old Mexican flavor
• If the ocean is too rough by your hotel, ask how to get to Medano Beach where the waters are calmer
• Check out a variety of tours including whale watching, dune buggies, regatta sailing and zip lines
• Take a cruise past the world-famous Land’s End Arch rock formation and view their native seal inhabitants
• Golf at over 8 championship courses designed by Jack Nicklaus, Greg Norman and Tom Weiskopf
• A new, exclusive area just south of Puerto Vallarta that’s becoming very popular for tourists
• Enjoy pristine, golden sand beaches and calm sapphire waters ideal for swimming
• Offers the best of both worlds since it’s just 15 minutes from Puerto Vallarta
• Over 20 excursions available ranging from zip lines to sunset sailing and city tours
• Enjoy several golf courses with stunning ocean views
• Incredible whale watching during the winter months of December through March
• A wide variety of sprawling, palatial resorts surrounded by lush greenery and natural beauty
• Limitless options for relaxation and adventure
• Surrounded by white-sand beaches, lush jungles and turquoise waters
• Home to Mayan Ruins including Chichen Itza and Tulum, one of the Seven Wonders of the World
• Head to the charming city of Playa del Carmen for shopping, dining and nightlife
• Visit a cenote, which is an underground cave connected by a freshwater river system
• Choose from a variety of water adventures ranging from reef diving to cavern and wreck diving
• The deep channel acts as a natural pipeline for game fishing including sailfish and marlin
• Explore the wonders of natural eco-parks like Xcaret or Xel-Ha for swimming, snorkeling or relaxing
??? Take a tour to Maroma Beach, rated one of the best beaches in the world
• This city oozes Mexican authenticity with charming cobblestone streets, cathedrals and more
• The perfect resort setting for those who want to be in the heart of the action
• Stunning backdrop on Banderas Bay surrounded by the breathtaking Sierra Madre mountains
• Take in all the culture the city has to offer with limitless festivals, restaurants, shops and art galleries
• Famous nightlife scene with a variety of options ranging from wine bars to discos
• Experience adventure with over 20 tours including deep sea fishing, city tours and eco-adventures